activation does not expire

Topics: Help & Support
Jun 8, 2013 at 6:38 AM
How do you create a license without time limit?
Thank you.
Jun 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM
You can do that by using (Features)

kindly check this article Using Features to Solve Problems
Marked as answer by artemlos on 12/31/2013 at 3:03 PM
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM
can this be done for serialkeymanager.com? or is max time only 999 days?

I would like a key that never expires, or only expires if i delete from database or set to block it.

I would like to generate keys online using &time= option .
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM
In both SKGL API and Serial Key Manager (serialkeymanager.com), all keys will be valid even if they have expired. If you don't plan to use this functionality, simply set the time to zero or any other number. If you want to create time limited keys, you can simply set a feature to be true which will tell your application that it is a trial key.

To generate keys using web requests, please take a look at this page:http://support.serialkeymanager.com/howto/external-key-generation/
The time parameter is optional and does not have to be specified.
Dec 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM
thank you for the clarification. If I set a feature (any feature 1 thru 8) to true, then the key is set to trial functionality? and if i set the time= option that will set the period? after period > set time then trial will expire? to set a key (non-trial) just set all feature=false and time=0...?
Dec 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM
OK I understand now after more reading and experimentation. I need to implement some code within my program to distinguish between a trial and non-trial key, and I can do this using any of the feature parameters. I can examine the .IsExpired method and .Feature(x) method to determine if the key is a trial and expired.
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Correct. As you said, features store the actual license type (trial, non-trial, etc...). Then, the program can decide whether the fact that timeleft is greater than zero should affect the program. Note, settime is the period of time that was originally specified (eg. 30 days), while timeleft is the actual number of days remaining. So, it's possible to use the settime as another variable to distinguish between different licenses (30 days implies trial, 356 days implies a full features time limited subscription), although it's probably better to stick with features.
Dec 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Thank you. I like your implementation of this as it allows for customization. In the serialkeymanager.com , a suggestion (in the future when you have time) maybe add an area to enter user notes for corresponding f1-f8 features (as a reminder to list what you use features for a specific product, for example beside f8 notes can be "Time limit toggle")
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Thanks for the idea! I think a similar functionality is already implemented. Each time you create a key, you can assign it "notes" (a string). This can (if explicitly changed) be retrieved during key validation.

An article about the way it can be accessed: http://blog.serialkeymanager.com/2014/10/access-to-the-notes-field/.