Bind licence key to special property, for example local domain name?

Topics: Help & Support
Jun 20, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Hi,

i need to create valid licence keys in a more unspecific way the machine code does.
A single property 'local dns domain name' shoud be validated.

Is there a possibility to do this?

Sincerely,
MilhouseNo1
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Hi MilhouseNo1,

Thank you for your question. There are two solutions (as far as I know) to this problem.
  • If you are currently using SKGL API only, you can go into the source code, find the method getMachineCode(). and add additional properties to collectedInfo. In your case, you can clear everything except for the properties you want to hash.
  • If you are using Serial Key Manager, you can do the same thing but in SKGL Extension library (https://skgl.codeplex.com/releases/view/123564) OR, since there is no restriction on how a machine code can look like, you can simply hash one property and pass it as machine code, or pass the property in condensed form.
Please tell me if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Artem
Jun 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Hi Artem

Thanks for your reply.
What about this idea?

On key generation i append the dns name to my secretkey and on validation i will do the same.

Can it work?

MilhouseNo1
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Hi MilhouseNo1,

If I understand you right, you want the password to contain the dns name + another string? If this is the case, I would not recommend adding information to the secretPhase.

Is the local dns name a specific property that all computers should have for a key to valid?

/Artem
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Hi Artem

yes thats right.

I Need a key that should be valid only in one (MS-AD) Domain (depends on key Generation)
so the property can be the local dns Name or ad Membership.

Greetings
MilhouseNo1
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Hi MilhouseNo1,

Ok. In that case, I would still recommend to store it as machine code rather than in the private key.
To get local domain property, you can use Management Object Searcher. Please read this article for more info http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17973/How-To-Get-Hardware-Information-CPU-ID-MainBoard-I. I think this property should be somewhere in Win32_Network.., although I am not sure.

/Artem